Googols of Learning Child Development Center is a full time child care facility with developmentally appropriate preschool programming, offering an enriching environment for children between the ages of one- and six-years-old in the Lawrence, KS area.
Our Facility Our Caring Teachers
Current Googols Learning Programs and Initiatives
Program Goals Contact Us Careers
Googols of Learning is dedicated to providing a high-quality learning environment that provides a safe, nurturing, and supportive setting for young children to grow and learn using a curriculum that enhances the social, intellectual, physical, and emotional development of each child served, while setting the standard in early childhood education.
We promote healthy lifestyles and provide a setting where there is acceptance, respect, caring, and encouragement. In the warmth of this atmosphere, we hope to help the child develop a positive attitude toward learning and responsibility, as well as, self-discipline, self-confidence, and self-esteem. We assist in cultivating competent problem-solvers and their social skills in relating with each other and adults. We show respect for the child and the child's family always and will cooperate with and reinforce the educational efforts at home. We value ongoing education in our teaching staff. We support child advocacy, engage with early childhood community leaders, and look to interact with the community at-large in whatever ways possible.
While Googols of Learning was last rated as a 4-Star Kansas Quality Rating Improvement (KQRIS) school, our goal is to reach accreditation through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). In all we do, we strive to be a standard of excellence in the local early childhood community.
CLICK HERE to read more about our lovely facility.
Our Caring Teachers
Our caring teachers and staff members set Googols of Learning apart by creating an environment that fosters learning, fun and community. CLICK HERE to read more about them.
The Kansas Association for the Education of Young Children (KAEYC) recently awarded Googols of Learning Executive Director Amy Gottschamer its Kansas Early Childhood Driector Credential. CLICK HERE for more information.
Current Googols Learning Programs and Initiatives
Googols partners with leading and established programs like Positive Behavioral Support, KQRIS, Strengthening Families Program, and Step It Up-Taking Steps to a Healthy Success. For a summary of our current learning programs and initiatives CLICK HERE.
We use the Creative Curriculum, which is based on thematic units with well-structured lessons around the core subjects that will prepare children for kindergarten. The teacher will create an educationally enriched environment where each child will learn through exploration, discovery and play. Experiences are planned to engage each child in creative activities where they learn how to problem solve, role play, & work as a team. Each learning experience provides the teacher with feedback and the use of individual Googols of Learning utilizes the most up to date research in child development to plan learning experiences around a proven curriculum. We hire highly qualified teachers who have demonstrated knowledge, enthusiasm, and a love for children. We offer an atmosphere designed to challenge the creative mind of all children. Our goal is to build a life-long love of learning.
- Young Toddlers (12-18 Months): Mendel's Munchkins
- The classes are based on creative and structured learning experiences that promote discovery and development. Activities encourage vocabulary growth and improve gross motor skills, as well as introduce basic self-help skills. This year of the toddler is marked by large gains in gross motor and language development. This classroom will focus on providing your child with lots of gross motor opportunities to work on walking, running, jumping, and kicking to improve balance and coordination. You will also see greater efforts to communicate and an explosive vocabulary growth. We will reinforce naming of the environment around them and introduce sign language. This allows the child who will undoubtedly understand more than he can say, to express himself clearly, reducing communication frustrations and increasing self-esteem. This child will think, "I can do it!" This classroom is for full-time enrolled students only and is limited to 10 children with two adult teachers. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Older Toddlers (18-25 Months): Baby Einstein's
- The one-year-old class is based on creative and structured learning experiences that promote discovery and development. Activities encourage vocabulary growth and improve gross motor skills, as well as introduce basic self-help skills. This year of the toddler is marked by large gains in gross motor and language development. This classroom will focus on providing your child with lots of gross motor opportunities to work on walking, running, jumping, and kicking to improve balance and coordination. You will also see greater efforts to communicate and an explosive vocabulary growth. We will reinforce naming of the environment around them and introduce sign language. This allows the child who will undoubtedly understand more than he can say, to express himself clearly, reducing communication frustrations and increasing self-esteem. This child will think, "I can do it!" This classroom is for full-time enrolled students only and is limited to 10 children with two adult teachers. CLICK HERE for more information.
- 2 years old: Bernoulli's Babies and Bohr's Bunch
So many important milestones are reached during this time, from potty training to emerging language development. Little ones are so curious about the world, and we let them explore in a safe and educational environment. Activities are planned to allow them to explore and learn in a relaxed atmosphere. It's not too structured and therefore allows independent personalities to shine freely. We work on building gross motor skills, self-help skills, and emerging social skills. This program is for full-time enrolled students only and is limited to two classrooms with 14 children with 2 adult teachers each. CLICK HERE for information about Bernoulli's Babies. CLICK HERE for information about Bohr's Bunch.
- 3 Years old: Pasteur's Playmates
Our preschool classrooms begin to prepare children for grade school by working on their kindergarten readiness skills. They learn through role playing and structured discovery, small group exploration, and teacher led lessons. Students are focused on one letter a week throughout the school year and themes are built around each letter. Students learn songs, finger-plays, and poems that go along with each letter. Our special curriculums include science, Spanish, and social etiquette. We mix in some P.E., music, and art and it's a great balance of fun, learning, and play! CLICK HERE for more information.
- 4 Years old: Franklin's Family
Our Pre-K class is designed to prepare our children for success in kindergarten and in the Lawrence public schools in the following year. We incorporate similar literacy programs as USD 497, such as the Animated Alphabet and the Handwriting Without Tears curriculums. This full-time class not only explores the basics of math, reading and writing, but through numerous centers in their room, delve into the arena of computers, natural science, dramatic play, art, and music to name a few. Our goal is to bridge the gap between early childhood and elementary education. We build the foundation for children to be successful throughout their school career. CLICK HERE for more information.
- 5 Years old: Galileo's Group
This program is for part-time students needing or wanting experience in the preschool environment. This program is offered 8:30-11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. This specific program runs on the Lawrence Public School District's calendar. If Lawrence Public Schools are closed this class does not meet. This class does not meet in the summer. "Purely Preschool" also allows for part-time options on a MWF or TTh schedule. This program follows the same curriculum as our Pre-K class. CLICK HERE for more information.
CLICK HERE for a document detailing our philosophy of early childhood education.
CLICK HERE for a place to find a concise listing of our primary goals.
Googols of Learning
500 Rockledge Road
Lawrence, KS 66049
For a map to our facility, please CLICK HERE.
We would like to hear from you! Use the CLICK HERE and complete our form or if you prefer, send us an email.
Careers in Early Childhood
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding career in early childhood please CLICK HERE for more information.